LA ROTONDA

Villa Almerico Capra, known as "La Rotonda"

The villa was build on project by Andrea Palladio for bishop Paolo Almerico, around 1570. In 1591 the villa was bought by the noble family Capra.
From 1911 ‘La Rotonda’ is owned by the family of Count Valmarana who opened it to the public in 1986.

 

LIFE OF ANDREA PALLADIO [PDF]

GENESI OF THE VILLA [PDF]

 

photogallery