Timeline 2 En

1700

Louis Dorigny’s fresco decorations in the main hall date back to the first years of the century.


1725

Francesco Muttoni’s structural interventions.


1980

La Rotonda is once again opened to the public.


1994

Villa Almerico Capra, known as La Rotonda, becomes a UNESCO World Heritage Site.


1976

Restoration works begin.


1912

After a few changes of ownership La Rotonda is purchased by the Valmarana counts of Venice, who own it to this day.


1591

Villa Rotonda is sold to two brothers, Odorico and Mario Capra, whose family keeps the property until the beginning of the 19th century, contributing to maintaining the villa’s decoration aligned with the changes in taste through many generations.


1589

Paolo Almerico dies. The villa is inherited by his natural son, Virginio.


1580

Upon Palladio’s death, construction works are continued by Vincenzo Scamozzi, an architect from Vicenza.


1571

Almerico permanently resides in the villa, but its construction has not yet been completed.